Pictures

Saturday 16 August 2014

Third Week In


Hello everyone,
 
I’ve now been in Singapore for three weeks, three very busy weeks to say the least. I found a condo, a 20 minute walk from school, which isn’t so bad if it weren’t so hot and humid. I live in an eclectic part of town with many shops, restaurants and a few sketchy businesses. Other than the few 6 legged visitors to my condo, I can ‘t complain. The pool is just a few steps from my front door and hardly used. Most of the time I have it all to myself. A few kilometres from my condo is the East Coast Parkway…a great place to bike and run (slowly).
School has also been keeping me busy. We have had many staff meetings, going over procedures, programming, organising and team building. Everyone, I have met has been extremely welcoming and helpful. Although, I am excited to start the school year, which is Monday, there are few things that will take time to adjust to, such has having no bells to designate the start and end of classes and no intercom/telephone in the classrooms. If you forget to send your attendance, the office staff comes to your classroom. Could you imagine Bonnie?!! I will be teaching French to students in JK to grade two. I share an office with the other language teachers, who are mostly Chinese and have a classroom for my grade one and two students. Most of the students opt for Chinese as a second language, as would be expected. That being said, my classes are fairly small.
 
Attached are a few pictures of my surroundings




No comments:

Post a Comment